Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Week That Was...

No, it's not Carte Blanche music time just yet, but here's a quick wrap of what happened this past week.

Monday was a busy day at work. The fact that I was able to get there at all is thanks to my sister allowing me to use her Renault Clio while Rebecca is recovering. While it's not the manliest of cars, it has four wheels and goes forward so, thanks sis.

Tuesday did not start off well for me. I woke up with the Cirque du Soleil doing warm-up routines in my stomach. A quick message into work and that was me, man down.. I will spare you the details but suffice to say, it was not pretty.

Thankfully Wednesday did not bring with it any gastronomic fireworks and I was able to consume a marie biscuit or two and try and re-hydrate. A trip to the doctor would confirm my self diagnosis of Viral Gastroenteritis, although to be fair I just said I had a stomach bug. (They spent the years studying, so they get to use the fancy big words..) By this stage I had lost 2 kilograms.
As you may have read in my previous post, I was meant to attend the first of four sessions at the Iziko planetarium for the Starfinder Astronomy Course. This did not happen. So I've missed a week..I'll pick it up from week two.

Thursday was dedicated to more Marie biscuits, Marmite toast and 4.5 litres of Energade. At this stage I was starting to feel slightly more human, except for the sore neck from lying down so much.

Yesterday I was back at work. Quite a few emails to follow up on and a generally busy day. One of my female colleagues told me that I was so lucky to get gastro, what with it being such a great way to lose weight and all. Special. Managed to leave early as I had an errand to run at the Waterfront, followed by drinks with my sister, brother-in-law and some of their/our mates. I decided to stop by Woolies and buy a jersey. Got two awesome Trenery (Larnie, I know) jerseys that were on special.

We started off at Bascule Bar for a cheeky after work drink, which then evolved into dinner at Beluga.
I appreciate that Bascule was really busy, but their service was rather shoddy. Not what you'd expect from them. Beluga on the other hand was very good. I've read a few negative comments about them recently, but I'm glad to report that the service we had was great. The food was very good as well. I had the Lamb Cha Siu Baau as a starter and the braised Lamb Shoulder as mains. Rather adventurous I thought considering I had just recovered from gastro.

I had a really great evening just chilling and talking kak. Great way to end the week I thought. Plus the weather in Cape Town was amazing on Friday.
Another  kak day in Cape Town

I also got a call from the panelbeaters yesterday. They informed me that once they get the parts (Monday hopefully) they would 'try and fit me in' when they got a spot and then it would be another TWO weeks before I see my darling Rebecca. I am having serious withdrawals.

Today was my niece's second birthday. This morning I went to her 'Dora the Explorer' party, which was really cute. My mom made a Dora cake for her which was very yummy. I got her such an awesome present. A Piglet plush toy. It's so awesome, that (and her mom very kindly reminded me of this) I bought her one for her 1st birthday. Well done, Uncle Nick. {Insert slow clap here}

A trip to Makro followed by some sport rounded out my day. Good wins for Province, the Titans and the Delhi Daredevils.

I was very saddened to hear about the boat accident in Hout Bay his afternoon. My condolences go out to the families of those who were involved. A huge shout out to all the people who assisted in the rescue operations, even the abalone poachers who went to go and help.

And so it is now time to tackle Module 7's quiz assignment which I have been putting off for various reasons.
Not sure what tomorrow will bring. Maybe a drive out to the winelands. I hear there's a market out Blaauwklippen way.

Looking forward to getting the results from my blogging assignment next week.

Anyway. That's all for now.
N.


No comments:

Post a Comment