Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fresh Food: What Is Your Favourite Cape Town Market?

I am a huge fan of the Neighbourgoods market at the Old Biscuit Mill.
On Saturday mornings you will find it bustling with activity, people browsing, eating, 'kuiering'.
Fresh Veg, Beer on Tap, COFFEE! and generally an eclectic mix of personalities.
What better way to start your Saturday, right?

Video Courtesy of foodwithastory


Now I know there are a number of more than decent markets out there and I am open to education.
My request to you, dear reader, is for you to take part in my poll (hopefully the first of many).
Please tell me what your favourite Cape Town Food Market is and maybe it will be the topic of a future post..

Your choices are:

If you do choose other, please comment on this post with the details of your preferred market and what you love about it.

4 comments:

  1. Love neighbourgoods market too - especially since it's not just food - they have some other things happening there as well.

    I voted for City Bowl Market on hope cos it's a bit smaller (not so much congestion), and the portions of food they serve are much smaller.

    I always found that at neighbourgoods, you really have to commit to what you want to eat, cos the portions are so big, where as at City Bowl they have lots of small things so you can chose a bunch of different things.

    That's my my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Rach.

      You make some very valid points. I shall bear this in mind.
      I think the main reason I haven't done City Bowl Market yet is...well, there is no reason.
      Will have to make a plan. ;)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. OLD BISCUIT MILL because famous rugby players chill there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and because i have to go back before i visit the other ones...

    ReplyDelete