Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Feck and Arse - Rebecca Needs a Nose Job

Oh the Irony..
I was sitting at home when I heard a big smash. Our house is alongside the N1, so I could only imagine it was another accident. But it sounded big.

I decided to take a short drive down the road with my niece to have a look see. My intention was to add to her already awesome day (after visiting Charly's earlier). We couldn't see anything from the bridge, so I decided to turn into Boston where I could park on a quiet street and then take a walk up to the bridge to look.

While driving up Salisbury Rd I approached an intersection. My right of way. Stop street to the left and right.

Out of NOWHERE, a dude on a Suzuki decides to alter the front end of my car. He totally jumped the Stop Street and connected with the pavement. The first thing I heard, after checking that my niece was okay, was him shouting, "Dis my skuld, dis my skuld. Jammer. Fok dis seer". I went to check on him and thankfully he landed okay, just hurting his ankle.
Take me to the nearest plastic surgeon

That's going nowhere
He called a few people, I called a few people..it was all a bit surreal.

The folk who live on the corner were very helpful in keeping an eye on Megan while I waited for my mom to come and fetch her.
Called the ambulance for the kid, called the cops, who responded quickly and, of course, didn't need to call a tow truck. It just appeared out of nowhere. Outsurance were very helpful, except for the part where they can only assess my car next week. So I'll be sans car for a while yet. So irritating.

Going to be one of those weekends... Think Bike? Bugger that...#ThinkCar 

*I should explain. Rebecca is the name of my black i20. She was christened by my sister, Tracy. She is named Rebecca because she is Black and I got her on a Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment