Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Entrance, pursued by an apple


Okay, so it’s hardly Shakespeare, but then I dare say I am no playwright..
So, a little background: 
This is my first attempt at a blog of any kind, so here goes.
I live in the Mother City. Born in Paarl (wine flows through my veins), grew up in George and spent some time in East London. But Cape Town is home.
I am in the Hospitality trade (have been for the past 13 years) and am still enjoying it. I am currently in procurement, but have held many different positions which gives me a good knowledge and experience base to work from. I quite enjoy passing on my knowledge to the younger generation. (wow, that made me sound old…)
Currently I am extremely enthralled with Social Media and it’s uses in business. So much so that I am doing an 8 week Certificate in Social Media. Where this will take me, who knows. Perhaps I’ll become a Brand Manager.. 
I’m on week 5 at the moment, so almost done. Crazy how time flies when you’re having fun. And my results haven’t been to bad either. Above class average for the first 3 assignments, with assignment 4 and 5 already submitted. Now just waiting to be put out of my misery.. Meeting many new people, which is great!
In other news, I have finally managed to finish writing a song (two in fact).. I play guitar (not very well but, hey..). My song writing tends to be my crutch for dealing with break ups. I started writing one over 4 years ago, which is not completed as yet. 3 months ago, I found myself in the position of needing my crutch. After 4 glorious years, alas, my relationship broke down. Needless to say, this got the creative juices flowing and I was able to pen lyrics to two different songs as well as chords for a 3rd and totally unrelated song (or maybe it just needs to be reworked). At this stage I don’t think anyone will ever hear these songs, but I find it to be a good release. 
Anyway, enough from me for now.
Catch you on the flipside.
N

No comments:

Post a Comment