Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Busy Busy - Quick Update

It has been a pretty hectic few weeks between work and my Internet Marketing course that started last week. The first module was fairly straight forward, I just hope my marks reflect that..haha

The second module is a tad trickier. We need to select a business and build a basic website. Easy..right?
Not quite. We need to make our choice carefully because, as we go through the various modules, we will be tweaking the website with our new found knowledge. I'm looking forward to that, but in the meantime I've been trying to figure out what business to use for my site. Thankfully, someone awesome has come to my rescue and allowed me to use his coffee shop as my inspiration.

As this will be a work in progress, I am going to use a different name for this assignment website. I do not want to pull any traffic away from his current site, but pretty much everything else will be about the shop. I'm hoping I can use my 'expertise' to build an awesome (or at least semi-functional) website for him.
Keep an eye out here and see if you can guess the correct coffee shop. If you manage to guess the name, I will buy you a coffee (and the coffee is good!).

In other news, some of my colleagues from the Social Media course have decided to brainstorm a new support group. I found the discussion forums very helpful and stimulating, so now that the course is over, we want to continue learning from each other. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with them next week and seeing where this takes us. Very exciting, for me at least.

Catch you later.
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment